While Halloween decorations may be scary for some, what’s even more terrifying is all the chemical filled candies that are handed out to children on this holiday.
Some of the most common and dangerous additives in store-bought candies include
☠ Titanium Dioxide: this chemical gives candy its smooth texture and bright color. It’s most commonly found in Skittles, Starburst, Sour Patch, Swedish Fish and more. Scientists have warned against titanium dioxide in food because when it accumulates in the body, it can lead to DNA damage and hormone disruption.
☠ TBHQ (tertiary butylhydroquinone): this food preservative prolongs shelf life and has been known to inhibit immune function, promote cancer, cause neurological problems, damage red blood cells, and cause allergic reactions.
☠ BHT (butylated hydroxytoluene): used in processed items such as cereals, gum, sticky snacks, chips and more. BHT has been found to contain carcinogenic properties and also may act as an endocrine disruptor.
☠ Food Dyes: such as Red 3 & 40, Yellow 5 & 6, Blue 1 & 2 have been found to cause hyperactivity in children, possible cancer, anxiety, migraines, and allergic reactions.
With all of this being said, we made these delicious and CLEAN brain boosting raspberry chocolate cups with our vanilla creme Magnesium L-Threonate formula that will surely be a hit for all of your Halloween festivities.
Here’s what you’ll need
⟁ 1 bag vegan chocolate chips
⟁ 3 tbsp coconut oil
⟁ 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries + splash of water
⟁ ¼ cup sprouted almond butter or nut butter of choice
⟁ 1-2 packs of Cymbiotika’s Magnesium L-Threonate
⟁ Freeze Dried Raspberries (optional)
⟁ Muffin Tray and/or muffin liners
- Melt chocolate & coconut together in a bowl and pour a tiny amount into muffin liners
- Blend raspberries w/ water & then stir in almond butter and magnesium
- Pour raspberry filling on top of first layer of chocolate
- Top with freeze dried raspberries (optional)
- Pour the rest of your melted chocolate on top of the raspberry layer so it’s fully covered
- Place in freezer to set for at least 4 hours (overnight is best)
- Unwrap to enjoy! **best kept in fridge or freezer to prevent melting
We hope you enjoy these delicious tart and creamy cups as much as we do!
Happy Halloween from the Cymbiotika team!